Fulltime Grade 3 Post (£20,125 – £25,992 per annum)
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE ROLE
Coetir Anian, or Cambrian Wildwood, is a new project situated at a 350 acre site between Machynlleth and Aberystwyth. The aim is to restore habitats and species on the site to establish a wild, natural landscape. A major part of the project is education and public engagement to inform and enable a wide range of people to participate in the project.
The Project Officer will be responsible for generating publicity material about the project, providing administrative support for the Project Director and Education Officer, and participating in activities on site. This post requires a dynamic individual who is prepared to work on site some of the time. A positive commitment to ecological restoration and to the project is essential.
POSITION IN ORGANISATION
Reports To: Project Director.
Responsible For: Contractors, Volunteers, Programme attendees.
Budget Responsibilities: n/a.
Location: Post will be based at Coetir Anian office in Aberystwyth.
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Generate material in words and images to publicise the project’s activities in a range of media.
- Provide both Welsh and English versions of all content.
- Manage the project’s websites, keeping them updated on a regular basis, and improving the structure and content.
- Manage the project’s social media platforms, posting new material on a regular basis.
- Create and submit press releases for local and national publications when appropriate.
- Revise and add to the project exhibition materials.
- Work closely with the Project Director and the Education Officer, providing administrative support to assist in the delivery of all the project activities, including financial administration.
- Support the Project Director and Education Officer in meeting and maintaining compliance with our GDPR commitments
- Work in partnership with the main contractor for the youth programme and the other staff to deliver a programme of fourteen 4-day camps on site for teenagers. When working on a camp, this work may involve camping on site for the duration of the course. Training will be provided.
Volunteer work days
Work in partnership with other staff to co-lead the monthly volunteer work days, plus longer volunteering courses.
Courses and Events
Work in partnership with other staff to organise a range of events and courses and support their delivery.
- Support the project by attending events and hosting visitors to the site.
- Have a commitment to equal opportunities.
- Be prepared to work some weekend days.
PERSON SPECIFICATION – Project Officer
Degree or similar qualification in a relevant subject, or highly relevant experience.
Additional qualification in useful subject, for example writing, health and safety, marketing, etc.
- Producing written content about nature to professional standard.
- Design of printed and online material using words and images for publicity purposes.
- Website management using WordPress.
- Leading volunteer groups in land based activities.
- Knowledge of British trees and wildlife.
- Understanding of the principles of ecological restoration.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Welsh language to Level 5: fluent spoken and written Welsh.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Competent with standard office computer applications.
- Good team-working skills.
- Organisational and motivational skills to manage own work without supervision.
- Able to work flexibly according to demands of work, including some weekend days.
- Willingness to travel to site, and other locations for events.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Willingness to spend extended periods outdoors including wild camping.
- Land management and other practical skills.