Coetir Anian / Cambrian Wildwood will be holding our second Open Day in Machynlleth on Saturday 11th May 2019. It will take place in the Community Hall at Y Plas, near Bro Ddyfi Leisure Centre, in the same building as Machynlleth Town Council. This will be a drop-in event, with doors opening for the exhibition at 10am and some timetabled features during the day.
- There will be a poster exhibition of the project together with portraits in words and pictures of some of our native trees and animals.
- Plus a photograph exhibition of Cambrian landscapes by local photographer Mike Kay.
During the day there will be talks and stories from
- Simon Ayres – Introduction to Coetir Anian and update on project activities.
- Milly Jackdaw – From Welsh mythology, the story of Henwen
- Kara Moses – Humans as a hyper-keystone species: the reciprocity of rewilding land and people.
In the afternoon there will be a guided walk at the wildwood site, which is 15 minutes away. A free minibus will be taking people from Y Plas to the site at Bwlch Corog.
10:00 Exhibition opens at Y Plas
12:00 Talks start, continuing to about 13:30
15:00 Minibus departs Y Plas for guided walk at wildwood, returning about 18:00
17:00 Event closes
Enquires: please use the contact page on website