STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES AND PLANS
We aim to play the fullest part that we can during the United Nations Decade on Ecosystem Restoration 2021-2030 by restoring habitats over a larger area and increasing the abundance of wildlife.
Recognising the essential role of connecting people to wild nature, for the benefit of the individual and the planet, we will continue to deliver and further develop our inspirational activities with children, youths and adults.
Our priorities for 2021-2030:
- Continue the Primary Schools programme and the Youth Camps at Cambrian Wildwood
- Start programmes for adults at Cambrian Wildwood, including Wild Living camps and programmes for special groups, for example people in addiction recovery, asylum seekers and young carers
- Increase the land area of Cambrian Wildwood through the acquisition of a neighbouring property
- Continue activities to restore natural habitats at Cambrian Wildwood
- Increase wildlife at Cambrian Wildwood by leading reintroduction projects for water vole and red squirrel; and supporting other species projects, for example pine marten and black grouse
- Engage with neighbouring landowners, including Natural Resources Wales, to support habitat, species and access improvements
Our five Founding Principles have a number of associated Strategic Objectives which shape our Strategic Plans for 2021-2030. Each is outlined in more detail below;