WILD LIVING CAMPS
The combination of philosophy, spirituality and practical was as immersive as it gets. The teaching was brave and well thought through.
Our Wild Living Camps offer paying guests the opportunity to learn skills for living and thriving in the wild. They are also about much more than simply learning survival skills, our camps are an opportunity to step out of the distractions and trappings of the modern world, learning to tread lightly upon the Earth.
… gathering and making brought a whole new and deeper reciprocal relationship with nature to the fore… empowering me to realise there are so many gifts all around us in nature.
Our Wild Living Camps are made up of five key elements (each camp will include a different selection of activities depending upon seasonal availability):
• Wild food: learn to identify, responsibly harvest, process and preserve the wild foods the land has to offer based on regenerative foraging and indigenous principles
• Wild medicine: learn to identify, responsibly harvest, process and preserve the wild medicines available to us from the plant world for healing everyday ailments.
• Craft: learn how to use foraged wild materials to make all sorts of useful and beautiful items such as: spoons, bowls, baskets, string, rope, bags, fishing nets, jewellery and whatever else a need arises for in the camp!
• Skills: learn essential skills to survive and thrive in the wild, such as fire-making with friction and natural tinders, identifying tracks & signs of animals, plant ID, interpreting bird language, stealth skills, natural shelter building and tool use
• Community: live together in a temporary tribe, share stories and ideas around the fire.
The quiet times of contemplation we had really helped embed a respect for nature as a teacher and guide.
I feel like I’ve had a massive treat!